The Humanities Seminar in Jewish and Middle Eastern Studies Presents
Thursday, April 8, 2021, 5:00 pm
- The Nahdda and the Haskala: A Comparative Reading of "Revival" and "Reform"
- Lital Levy, Princeton University
Thursday, April 15, 2021, 5:00 pm
- The Age of Coexistence: The Ecumenical Frame and the Making of the Modern Arab World
- Ussama Makdisi, Rice University
Thursday, April 29, 2021, 5:00 pm
- The Colonized Semites and the Infectious Disease: Anti-Semitism in the Levant, 1870–1914
- Orit Bashkin, University of Chicago
Thursday, May 13, 2021, 5:00 pm
- The Literary Qur'an: Narrative Ethics in the Maghreb
- Hoda El Shakry, University of Chicago
Thursday, May 20, 2021, 5:00 pm
- After Jews and Arabs: Remaking Levantine Culture
- Ammiel Alcalay, CUNY-Graduate Center
Thursday, May 27, 2021, 5:00 pm
- Togo Mizrahi and the Making of Egyptian Cinema
- Deborah Starr, Cornell University
PLEASE USE THE SAME ZOOM LINK FOR ALL EVENTS.
Join the lecture on April 8 with this Zoom Link
Meeting ID: 919 9680 7832
Free and open to the public.
For questions contact:
Sponsors: The Leslie Center for the Humanities, the Middle Eastern Studies Program, and the Jewish Studies Program.